Your privacy, security and personal information is our top priority
Protect Your Business Online
Corporate account takeover is the business equivalent of personal identity theft. Hackers, backed by professional criminal organizations, are targeting small and medium businesses to obtain access to online banking service credentials or gain remote control of their computers. Using these sophisticated techniques to take over your accounts, hackers will then attempt to gather personal information about your business or try to transfer money from the compromised bank accounts, funneling the funds through "mules" that quickly redirect the money overseas into hackers' accounts.
As a business owner, you should consider proactive steps to avoid, or at least minimize, most threats.
Online Business Banking Best Practices
- Use the latest versions of system and applications current with updates from the vendors' websites. For example, use Windows® update feature and install any critical updates and service packs that are available. Enable with "pop-up" blockers.
- Use virus and spyware protection software and keep it up-to-date in order to detect new threats.
- Use a software and/or hardware firewall to protect your computer from network intrusion.
- Make sure that any wireless network to which you connect your computer is secure and requires data encryption.
- Do not download files, install software or open email attachments from unverified or unknown sources.
- Use a dedicated computer for financial transaction activity. DO NOT use this computer for general web browsing and email.
- Turn off your computer when not in use.
- Do not batch-approve transactions; be sure to review and approve each one individually prior to approving and transmitting.
- Review your banking transactions regularly.
- Utilize online business banking account activity alerts.
- Set time restriction access on users' access.
- Request IP Restrict to limit access to your online business banking by IP address(es).
- Enforce dual wire controls and/or ACH dual controls for users.
- Limit number of users with administrative access.
- Only use the administrator login profile for managing users – not for general use.
- Perform a routine audit of your network and security controls you have in place.
- Download and install Trusteer Rapport™ Internet browser protection free from People's Town & Country Bank.⁎
People's Town & Country Bank will never solicit your personal information by phone, auto-dialer, text message, email or providing links within an email requesting that you update your information. You will not receive any email notification asking you to click a link or visit a website to unlock your account or to provide any private information unless otherwise requested by you through the Online Banking password self-reset feature. If you receive an email or phone call requesting confidential information from someone claiming to represent People's Town & Country Bank, please do not respond.
Click here to learn more about cybersecurity.
Read more about security on our blog.
Trusteer’s Rapport software is a product of Trusteer, Inc., made available for free to People's Town & Country Bank customers. By downloading and installing Trusteer’s Rapport you agree with all Trusteer, Inc.’s terms and conditions. People's Town & Country Bank is not associated with Trusteer, Inc. and is not responsible for and does not guarantee the content, services or operation of Trusteer, Inc.’s Rapport. All problems, questions or concerns regarding Trusteer, Inc.’s Rapport should be directed to email@example.com.
The information provided here is not intended to be legal advice from People's Town & Country Bank.
Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Rapport is a trademark of Trusteer.